From Viral Series
Spoiler alert: adulthood is 96% of you going “well, I hope this is how it works and I’ll keep doing it till someone yells at me”
Yup. Until you have children who grow into teens. Then, THEN, you’ll get a fifteen volume history of How You Done Fucked Up Like Dammit, which is a successfully defended dissertation with daily discussions/and/or/updates, also complete with jokes about mom that are SO funny that the authors/i.e. your kids/i.e. NON adults have to cross their legs and bend over to keep from peeing themselves/falling over, all in the service of letting you know how/what/why/when you failed adulthood/parenthood/that one time you yelled at me when all I wanted was a hug/drink of water/I had a bad dream/something else unforgivable and I love you but I’ll never be ok/ I’ll never forget/ I’ll never do something like that to MY kids/and/or/when I’m an adult.
Noma a 2 Michelin-starred restaurant in Copenhagen, Denmark is named world’s best restaurant
"The restaurant, is described as "meticulous attention to detail, innovative approach to foraging and experimentation with fermentation - all driven by passion and a relentless curiosity - Owner-chef René Redzepi has once again brought his restaurant to the pinnacle.”
The tasting menu costs $296 a head (20 small plate servings), and the wine pairing is an additional $185
Cuisine: Seasonal, terroir-led Scandinavian
- Strandgade 93
DK-1401 Copenhagen K
- +45 3296 3297
The World’s 50 Best Restaurants
- Noma - Copenhagen, Denmark
- El Celler de Can Roca - Girona, Spain
- Osteria Francescana - Modena, Italy
- Eleven Madison Park - New York, US
- Dinner by Heston Blumenthal - London, UK
- Mugaritz - San Sebastián, Spain
- DOM - São Paulo, Brazil
- Arzak - San Sebastián, Spain
- Alinea - Chicago, US
- The Ledbury - London,UK
• For the full list click here
photo credit: magnus manske / noma (rené redzepi) / ditte isager
you have to go on anthony bordains travel show and watch the noma episode. it’s unreal. the chef gathers food from sea marshes, fields, everywhere, and he has a special mad scientist guy who is paid to just sort of fuck with chemistry and rotting vegetation and mixing crazy stuff all day. the chef’s philosophy is marvelous. apparently the danish elite hated him at first, like really despised him and wrote horrible stuff about his cooking style. i’ll never be able to afford it, but it’s my one restaurant bucket list.
At the Hotline and loveisrespect, we know that domestic violence and dating abuse can affect anyone—including men. Although they make up a smaller percentage of our callers and chatters, there are many more men who do not report or seek help for their abuse, for a variety of reasons:
- Men are often socialized not to express their feelings or see themselves as victims.
- Pervading beliefs or stereotypes about men being abusers, women being victims.
- The abuse of men is often treated as less serious, or a “joke.”
- Many believe there are no resources or support available for male victims.
No matter what your situation is, the Hotline and loveisrespect are here to help, confidentially and without judgment. Please give us a call or chat with us anytime. Click here for more info about resources and info specifically for men and boys.
Emily Blincoe: Color-coded photography
We’ve already featured talented Austin-based photographer Emily Blincoe a couple of times on iGNANT. Her output is amazingly creative and never fails to make us smile. Emily is probably best known for her color-coded arrangements.
For her latest works she collected color permutation of tomatoes, oranges, eggs, ice cream and leaves and sorted them into groups and gradients for each image
there will never b words that describe the huge tragedy that is oscar wilde never being able 2 have a twitter
YES! Especially because the online world would have forced him to grow as a smartass and a writer. He re-used some of his best stuff to the point that even his friends wanted to slap him. He would have upped his game on twitter. It would have been a wonder and a glory to see.
1. Proserpina’s fright
2. Proserpina wetnurs of fleas
3. Proserpina Wetnurse
4. Proserpina andthe gold fleas
5. Ornitophobic Proserpina
6. Entomophobic Proserpina
Just a little reminder that I have these patterns available and that I’m broke. haha
I posted last week asking people if they knew of some good resources for male victims of sexual assault. Here is the list people came up with:
[Series of tweets by Prof. Marc Lamont Hill on August 28th, 2014. Text below.]
- Hillary Clinton offers a statement on Michael Brown and Ferguson. 19 days later. Next she’ll offer her thoughts on Rodney King and Vietnam.
- Despite the despicable timing, Hillary Clinton’s remarks were actually on point. She critiqued the system and didn’t blame the victims.
- Rather than preaching unwarranted calm or drawing false racial equivalencies, Hillary Clinton put a spotlight on social injustice.
- Instead of attacking the protestors, Hillary Clinton rightly pointed to the frayed relationships between police and community.
- And, perhaps most importantly, Hillary Clinton addressed the elephants in the room: white privilege and institutional racism.
- In honesty, Hillary Clinton offered the type of commentary that many of us were quixotically expecting from President Obama.
- The only problem with Hillary Clinton’s comments is that they were cynically timed. She waited until the political stakes were much lower.
- Hillary Clinton’s statement reflects careful triangulation and calculation driven by political interest rather than genuine feeling.
that’s cuz she’s trying to get votes